Whether you want to feel the thrill of climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge, just relax and soak up the sun at famous Bondi Beach or take in the arts at the Sydney Opera House this city is an inviting blend of exhilarating and easygoing!
It is one of Australia’s most famous surfing beaches – the first world surfing championship was held here in 1964. With a tree-lined promenade and a long stretch of fine soft sand, the beach is a popular destination for backpackers and families.
Lisa’s Travel Notes for Sydney
- Iconic place to begin exploration of Australia, New Zealand and Tazmania via rail, self-drive, flights
- Opera House
- Great Walking City
- Sydney Bridge and exhilarating climb
- Close drive to Melbourne and Adelaide for wine
- Experience Moto GP at Philip Island
- Learn to surf on Bondi Beach