Food, wine, and architecture might be the first things that come to mind when you think of Italy but the possibilities are endless and this beautiful country has so much more to offer!
The best way to get to know the place you are traveling in is to walk around… and the best way to walk around is with comfortable shoes! Grab your travel buddy and your running shoes and go explore!
Must Visit Locations in Italy
A standard stop on many European vacation itineraries, Rome is not to be missed. The city is a globally renowned cultural and historical powerhouse.
There are few destinations in the world quite like Venice. Its uniqueness can largely be attributed to the canals that run through the city like roads, carrying water taxis and buses in addition to its fleet of famous gondolas.
Cinque Terre, located on Italy’s northern Ligurian coast, is made up of five colorful, seaside towns tucked seamlessly on the region’s cliff-side terrain.
Lisa’s Travel Notes for Italy
- Big 3: Rome Florence Venice
- Explore by private car, have a driver, high speed and local trains, fly, cruise, boats
- Explore your ancestry
- Cinque Terre to hike, boat, eat, beautiful and colorful towns…linked by trails…
- Amalfi coast…..including Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello explore by car, or boat…markets, shopping, food, clubs, spa, limoncello, pizza, artisans still create wooden inlaid artwork of all kinds
- Pompeii, Mt Vesuvius, wine, hikes, ruins
- Tuscany….hill villages, wineries, food, Paleo horse race in Sienna, walking tours, markets, cooking classes, concerts, villa experiences, agritourism
- Milan, Italian Alps, gateway to Switzerland experience fashion, architecture, duomo, Last Supper, F1 racing, skiing, opera and more
- Lakes: Como, Maggiore and Garda…..all different, by car, boat, ferry or helicopter
- Undiscovered Southern Italy from the toe to the heal…Bari, Puglia, Calabria Adriatic Coast….from south of Venice to Pesaro…..beaches, fishing, sailing, Motorcycle
- Races and manufacturing, San Marino (the other country, besides the Vatican inside of Italy), artists, adventure
- Sicily and Sardinia and more Island experiences